PRAYER POINTS FOR DOUBLE BLESSINGS
Prayer points for double blessings tags: prayer points on double honour, double blessings quotes, how to receive double portion, double portion meaning, double blessing or double blessings, double portion in hebrew, double portion inheritance, prayer points on double grace.
Powerful Prayer Points For Double Blessings
Isa 61:7 Instead of your shame you shall have a double portion, instead of dishonor you shall rejoice in your lot; therefore in your land you shall possess a double portion; yours shall be everlasting joy. (Revised Standard Version)
2Ki 2:9 And it happened when they had gone over, Elijah said to Elisha. Ask what I shall do for you before I am taken away from you. And Elisha said, please, let a double portion of your spirit be upon me. And he said, you have asked a hard thing, but if you see me taken from you, it shall be so to you; but if not, it shall not be.
I am strongly convicted that 2014 is a year for a double portion. Days, years and even seasons have been divinely created with special blessings that they attract. This will be your year of double portion if you believe it, if you don’t, it will pass as just another year for you. Double portion can be in diverse fields. It can be in your home, your ministry, your job, your work station among many others.This is a year in which you should forget the past and trust God for something new. I know this happens every day, but what I mean is that your setbacks, disappointments, failings, shame, embarrassments and the like should not be dragged into the new year. Elisha is a man who lived and ministered under this kind of anointing. May I share a few salient characteristics that this man of God had which will inspire you and keep you informed of what it takes to get and walk in this anointing.
• This anointing will come upon you as you serve the Lord. It will not come to you as you sit pretty waiting for it.
• You have to ask for it. Elisha told Elijah that he wanted this double portion of his spirit. Don’t fear to ask, it may seem big but God will grant it. Remember, there were many prophets during Elijah’s time, but only Elisha got this blessing for he asked for it: and he really meant it. later, the other prophets had to rely on him.
• Don’t keep the eye out of it. Don’t ask for it and you get out of stage. 2Ki 2:10 And he said, You have asked a hard thing, but if you see me taken from you, it shall be so to you; but if not, it shall not be.
• This portion will make you do things that seemed impossible before with ease. Don’t worry that you have blundered many times. 2Ki 2:14 And he took the mantle of Elijah that had fallen from him, and struck the waters, and said, Where is the LORD God of Elijah, even He? And he also hit the waters, and they parted here and there. And Elisha went over
• Others will note that there is a difference in your life. This will attract respect from others. Surely, shame will turn to fame. The fire you went through, the shame and defeat will turn to joy. 2Ki 2:15 And when the sons of the prophets across in Jericho saw him, they said, The spirit of Elijah rests upon Elisha! And they came to meet him and bowed to the ground before him.
• It is an anointing that attracts signs and wonders. You may not be a pastor for God to use you. Jesus promised us that signs and wonders shall follow those who believe. Speak the word that God gives you, follow the direction of the Holy Spirit. 2Ki 2:21 And he went forth to the spring of the waters and threw the salt in there, and said, So says the LORD, I have healed these waters. There shall not be any more death or barrenness from there.
• Take care of what you say, for it call spell life or death to whoever you direct to. The boys who ridiculed Elisha were torn by she-bears after the man of God rebuked them. 2Ki 2:24 And he turned behind him and saw them, and declared them vile in the name of the LORD. And two she-bears came out of the woods and tore forty-two boys of them
• God’s wisdom shall be upon you to guide you on how to operate under this anointing. 2Ki 4:2-3 And Elisha said to her, What shall I do for you? Tell me, what do you have in the house? And she said, Your handmaid has not a thing in the house except a pot of oil.And he said, Go, borrow vessels for yourself from outside, from your neighbors, empty vessels. Do not let them be few
• The anointing is there to stay. It is a unique anointing that is not superficial. 2Ki 13:21 And it came to pass, as they were burying a man, that, behold, they spied a band of men; and they cast the man into the sepulchre of Elisha: and when the man was let down, and touched the bones of Elisha, he revived, and stood up on his feet.
• God will bestow divine revelation upon you, even to know the crafty plans of your enemies. 2Ki 6:12 And one of his servants said, None, my lord, O king, but Elisha the prophet, who is in Israel, tells the king of Israel the words that you speak in your bedroom.
As you usher the year 2014, desire to walk under this anointing. Ask it from the Lord and he will grant it unto you. May the Lord grant you double favor, double blessings and double anointing in all you put your hands into. May God grant you a double for the shame you have been going through in Jesus name amen.
Don’t forget to drop your comments below if you found this prayer helpful. Thanks and God bless you.