31 Spiritual Warfare Prayer Points With Scripture References – Help for Facing Life’s Battles By Debbie McDaniel
We’re in a battle in this world. We may not see it, we might forget it’s there. But the enemy would love nothing more than to start our year off with discouragement and defeat, bringing fear and stress. Don’t let him win.
If you’re a believer who is living like salt and light in a dark world, you won’t go for long without encountering spiritual warfare – obstacles and attacks he’ll hurl your direction. God reminds us in His word to stay aware of Satan’s schemes, to live alert in this world, and to stay close to Him.
He arms us with the sword, the Word of God, to stand against the enemy’s lies. He equips us with strength, wisdom, and discernment through His own Spirit to stay strong in the spiritual warfare battle. He invites us to spend time in His Presence, through prayer and worship, pressing in to know Him more.
As we grow to know God’s Truth and what is real, we also know more what is false, and we are stronger to stand against it in the powerful name of Jesus. He never leaves us to fend for ourselves in a dark world, but reminds us He is constantly with us, fighting for us, even when we cannot see.
Praying God’s words back to Him, is a powerful weapon against the forces of evil. It is Truth going out. It reminds us that God knows our way and understands what we face today. It builds our faith and our trust in God. It guards our hearts and focuses our minds back on Him. It wins the battle.
Prayer + God’s Word = Power
31 Spiritual Warfare Scriptures to Read, Pray, and Memorize:
1. “Submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” James 4:7
2. “You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.” 1 John 4:4
3. “For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” 2 Cor. 10:3-5
4. “Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith.” 1 Pet. 5:8-9
5. “No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; and every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their vindication is from Me,” declares the Lord.” Is. 54:17
6. “Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.” Eph. 6:11-17
7. “In all these things, we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.” Rom. 8:37
8. “But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Cor. 15:57
9. “Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts.” Zech. 4:6
10. “But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.” 2 Thess. 3:3
11. “Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.” Luke 10:19
12. “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.” John 10:10
13. “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.” Matt. 18:18-19
14. “The Lord will cause your enemies who rise against you to be defeated before you. They shall come out against you one way and flee before you seven ways.” Deut. 28:7
15. “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
16. “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.” 1 Cor. 10:13
17. “And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:32
18. “Do not be overcome with evil, but overcome evil with good.” Rom. 12:21
19. “And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death.” Rev.12:11
20. “Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.” 1 Tim. 6:12
21. “,,,On this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” Matt. 16:18
22. “…the reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work.” 1 John 3:8
23. “But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.” Is. 40:31
24. “One of your men puts to flight a thousand, for the Lord your God is He who fights for you, just as He promised you.” Josh. 23:10
25. “Do not fear them, for the Lord your God is the one fighting for you.” Deut. 3:22
26. “What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?” Rom. 8:31
27. “Through You we will push back our adversaries, through Your name we will trample down those who rise up against us.” Ps. 44:5
28. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Josh. 1:9
29. “For You have girded me with strength for battle; You have subdued under me those who rose up against me.” Ps. 18:39
30. “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust. Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart…” Ps. 91:1-4
31. “This is what the Lord says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s.” 2 Chron. 20:15
When we belong to Christ, the enemy never has the final word over our lives. We are secure in God’s hands.
Press on – courageous and free – never held back by fear or defeat. The battle belongs to the Lord, and He has the final victory…
5 Powerful Prayers From The Bible By BibleStudyTools
If you ever feel at a loss for what to pray, there’s no better guidebook for petitions to our Heavenly Father than the very book He wrote—the Bible. Almost every book in there contains a plea or request, and page after page points to another reason we need a Savior. So, when you feel like you just don’t have words, turn first to the Word.
Although we could list hundreds of prayers, we plucked out five of our favorites to show just how filled to the brim the Bible is with ways to call upon our great God.
The Prayer of Jabez (1 Chronicles 4:10)
When the author of Chronicles dutifully provides us with a list of Judah’s descendants, he can’t help but stop himself. Right in the midst of all these names, he comes to Jabez, a man he wants us to notice, a man of true honor. If you’ve ever felt like you’ve caused pain or if you’ve ever wanted to believe that God can do more than you can ask or imagine, this prayer is for you:
“Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, ‘Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.’ And God granted his request.”
The Lord’s Prayer (Matthew 6:9–13)
This prayer is the true classic. Most of us have said this prayer and could likely recite it right now. But there’s much more to this model that Jesus gave us than rote recitation. This is a prayer with real power: God’s kingdom coming, God’s will being done, all that we need for the day. It’s truly power packed. So, take a closer look at what it teaches:
“Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.”
Jonah’s Prayer for Salvation (Jonah 2:2–9)
We may never be swallowed by a great fish, but we can still experience the shame and regret that Jonah felt after he ran from God. The prophet’s plea to the Father provides a poignant scaffolding for our own prayers of repentance. And remember that God heard and answered this humble, honest prayer:
“In my distress I called to the Lord,
and he answered me.
From deep in the realm of the dead I called for help,
and you listened to my cry.
You hurled me into the depths,
into the very heart of the seas,
and the currents swirled about me;
all your waves and breakers
swept over me.
I said, ‘I have been banished
from your sight;
yet I will look again
toward your holy temple.’
The engulfing waters threatened me,
the deep surrounded me;
seaweed was wrapped around my head.
To the roots of the mountains I sank down;
the earth beneath barred me in forever.
But you, Lord my God,
brought my life up from the pit.
“When my life was ebbing away,
I remembered you, Lord,
and my prayer rose to you,
to your holy temple.
“Those who cling to worthless idols
turn away from God’s love for them.
But I, with shouts of grateful praise,
will sacrifice to you.
What I have vowed I will make good.
I will say, ‘Salvation comes from the Lord.’”
David’s Prayer for Deliverance (Psalm 3)
This one was a tough choice because the Psalms are stuffed full of cries and petitions. If you ever want a primer for prayer, you can’t go wrong with this wisdom book. But we chose Psalm 3 because it provides a concise portrait of crying out to God in the midst of great stress. David’s words are no less relevant to our modern workplace and lifestyle as they were to his battles:
Lord, how many are my foes!
How many rise up against me!
Many are saying of me,
“God will not deliver him.”
But you, Lord, are a shield around me,
my glory, the One who lifts my head high.
I call out to the Lord,
and he answers me from his holy mountain.
I lie down and sleep;
I wake again, because the Lord sustains me.
I will not fear though tens of thousands
assail me on every side.
Deliver me, my God!
Strike all my enemies on the jaw;
break the teeth of the wicked.
From the Lord comes deliverance.
May your blessing be on your people.
Hannah’s Prayer of Praise (1 Samuel 2:1–10)
When Hannah received the child she begged God for, her first instinct is to praise the One who provided. She wants to thank Him for His greatness and His deliverance. Too often we pray before receiving, but then forget to pray after God answers. Let this prayer guide you in thanks:
“My heart exults in the Lord;
my horn is exalted in the Lord.
My mouth derides my enemies,
because I rejoice in your salvation.
“There is none holy like the Lord:
for there is none besides you;
there is no rock like our God.
Talk no more so very proudly,
let not arrogance come from your mouth;
for the Lord is a God of knowledge,
and by him actions are weighed.
The bows of the mighty are broken,
but the feeble bind on strength.
Those who were full have hired themselves out for bread,
but those who were hungry have ceased to hunger.
The barren has borne seven,
but she who has many children is forlorn.
The Lord kills and brings to life;
he brings down to Sheol and raises up.
The Lord makes poor and makes rich;
he brings low and he exalts.
He raises up the poor from the dust;
he lifts the needy from the ash heap
to make them sit with princes
and inherit a seat of honor.
For the pillars of the earth are the Lord’s,
and on them he has set the world.
“He will guard the feet of his faithful ones,
but the wicked shall be cut off in darkness,
for not by might shall a man prevail.
The adversaries of the Lord shall be broken to pieces;
against them he will thunder in heaven.
The Lord will judge the ends of the earth;
he will give strength to his king
and exalt the horn of his anointed.”
21 Prayer Points For Supernatural Breakthrough By ThankGodForJesus
You can pray the prayer below as many times as you want until you feel that confidence that your declarations are effecting change in the name of Jesus!
Zech. 1:18-20, Hebrew 11:1
Zechariah 1:17: Cry yet, saying Thus said the Lord of Hosts, My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread; and the Lord shall yet comfort Zion and shall yet choose Jerusalem.
– Father Lord, by your mighty power, by the power in the Blood of Jesus, Fire of Holy Ghost, scatter and destroy any hindering spirit around me, in the name of Jesus.
– Father Lord, scatter and destroy the power of devouring spirit and limitation, in the name of Jesus.
– Father Lord, any decree made upon my feet because I have come to Christ, let it be revoked in Jesus’ name.
– Father Lord, let my feet be anointed and washed by your blood to lead me to peaceful places, in the name of Jesus.
– Father Lord, release the spirit of carpenter upon me to destroy the horns of enemies, in the name of Jesus.
– Any decree to cause satanic road-block in my way of breakthrough, be scattered by fire, in the name of Jesus.
– Father Lord, come and be our shepherd, to keep us together and save us from thieves, in Jesus’ name.
– Every satanic or collective power that wants to scatter what I have gathered, I command you to fall down and die, in the name of Jesus.
– Association of evil gang-up or witchcraft power to cause derailment in my life; scatter by Fire, in the name of Jesus.
– Any power put in place to supervise and confirm failure in my life, die by Fire, in the name of Jesus.
– Anything in me contradicting the word of God to cause error, die by Fire, in the name of Jesus.
– Any power making a decree to affect my standing in the Lord, break by fire, in the name of Jesus.
– Evil decree or curse over my life, spiritually, physically, financially, matrimonially and educationally, I break you, in the name of Jesus.
– Anything in me, around me, within me, contesting with the presence of Holy Spirit in me, are you still alive? die forever and perish, in the name of Jesus.
– Spirit of the Living God, arise and take me to my place of blessing now, in Jesus name.
– Father Lord, whatever weapon or tricks of the enemy to steal, kill and destroy, destroy them with their weapon forever, in Jesus name.
– Father Lord, connect, correct and direct my helpers to me anywhere, anywhere they may be, in the name of Jesus.
– Spirit of the Living God, arise and remove any evil veil covering my face so I can see in Jesus name.
– Power to succeed in life, come upon me now, in the name of Jesus.
– Power to see and discern, come upon me, in the name of Jesus.
– Power to over-come, fall upon me now, in the name of Jesus.
TAGS: prayer points with scripture references, list of all prayers in the bible, prayer points with bible verses pdf, powerful prayer points with bible verses, powerful prayer points with bible verses pdf, powerful prayers in the bible, great prayers in the bible, powerful prayers that work