PRAYER FOR A FRUITFUL LENT
Prayer for a fruitful lent tags: What is the prayer for Lent?, fruitful lent prayers 2020, Catholic prayer for a fruitful lent, What special prayers and practices are associated with Lent?, What do you say for Lent?, How can I be good at Lent?, catholic lenten prayers, lent prayers for schools, lent 2020 daily prayers, lenten reflections, daily lent prayers, meditation prayers for lent, catholic prayers, holy week prayers.
Powerful Prayer For A Fruitful Lent
Dear friends, here are some tips which would help you in your Lenten journey towards Easter, tips which could also be lived throughout the year to grow in our love for God.
Take care and God bless!
- ACKNOWLEDGE OUR SINS.
- We are all sinners. Only by acknowledging our sins shall we receive God’s grace and mercy.
- It is the fountain of God’s love and mercy. With it, we recover God’s friendship. It is the first step toward God’s call to the conversion of our heart.
- GIVE UP SIN
- Love God by rejecting those things which God rejects. For this, we need to struggle daily.
- PRAY AND MEDITATE
- Get to know Our Lord more in order to love Him more by doing mental prayer.
- Pray for others as well: your family, the Pope, the conversion of sinners; those who suffer: the poor, jobless, sick, homeless, refugees, persecuted…
- Offer small sacrifices to Our Lord daily in reparation of sins: your sins and those of mankind: a smile when tired, biting one’s tongue, order in material things…
- WORKS OF MERCY. Make it a daily habit to make others happy through your good deeds.
- SAY “NO” TO YOUR DISORDERED PASSIONS for love of God.
- FAST & ABSTAIN during the prescribed days, Fridays of Lent (abstinence) and Good Friday.
Don’t forget that there are other types of “fasting”…of the eyes, of the ears, of our curiosity, of the tongue etc.
- CARRY OUT YOUR DAILY DUTIES the best way you can, offer them to God. Your work is then converted into prayer!
- PRACTICE THE VIRTUES always even if you are tired or don’t feel like it for love of God and those around you.
- APOSTOLATE OF CONFESSION
- Bring souls closer to Christ! Encourage your friends to receive God’s mercy!
A Fruitful Lenten journey to all! Fr. Rolly Arjonillo
Don’t forget to drop your comments below if you found this prayer helpful. Thanks and God bless you.